Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Marketplace

Just ran across this, a quote from a better writer than me (George MacLeod):

"I simply argue that the cross be raised again at the center of the marketplace as well as on the steeple of the church. I am recovering the claim that Jesus was not crucified in a cathedral between two candles, but on a cross between two thieves; on the town garbage heap; at a crossroad so cosm opolitan that they had to write his title in Hebrew and in Latin and in Greek ... at the kind of place where cyniocs talk smut, and thieves curse, and the soldiers gamble. Because that is where he died. And that is what he died about. And that is where churchmen ought to be, and what churchmen should be about."

Some people read my blogs and comments and think "man, you sure are opinionated." Wow! Well, when you read my opinions from Warner's World and elsewhere, know that behind those opinions about so many political issues, church matters, people perspectives, et al, this is where I stake my claim and fly my flag. This is where I come from and who I am ...

At warner's World,
walkingwithwarner.blogspot.com

No comments: